Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Enough of Video

I think I've seen enough videos for now! To be honest, the videos I've seen about libraries are quite boring. Many of them lack a "professional" quality or the topics are a bit silly. I think libraries really need to examine their subject matter to see if they lend themselves to a video medium. The Brisbane City Council Library video of the booksorter is unusual in that it follows the path of a returned library item which makes an ideal video format. Oral histories are another good example of delivering information in a video format. The storytelling and the historical footage make a good combination.

Another good example, which I've posted on my blog, is from the the Toronto Public Library on the "Ready for Reading" program. This gives young families a taste of what the program is about. This might help them decide whether the program is suitable for them.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

And to think that booksorter video was just me and Tony W goofing around! Of course, I didn't know it was going to end up on YouTube!!